9/04/2017

New Sybarite: BARONNE

I was surprised this morning to get an email picturing this lovely doll and the enticing word SHOP just beckoning for my little finger to click upon. I did and it didn't take long for me to make the decision to purchase this lovely gal. I love her fashion and I am also a big fan of short hair.




All photos in this blog post are the property and product of Superdoll.
Here is the complete text from Superdoll's promotional:


BARONNE SYB/DD_0125
Venus is fabulous as could be in her green raffia, vine and embroidered silky rose headpiece and print on print daytime ensemble, but just guessing by her mood.... 
She probably not paying attention to anyone other than herself today!

From the top. A gorgeous headpiece of raffia sprouts symmetrically from leaves and a large green rose.. Delicately balancing just so atop her head...
Her gorgeous short platinum and pure black wig is modern yet glamorous and hugging her jawline... fabulous!
Her eyeshadows in the spectrum of rose and violets surround her eyes of translucent lemon and lime with lids of icy yellow.. Lips of rich coral.
Her 1 piece frock; a confection in printed satin overlaid in the mirror print tulle, a custom print reminiscent of rolling Bougainvillea over a Mediterranean balconette, bearing vines on the bodice... just screaming sundowners on the terrace.
It is always fun to spend a late afternoon among your best friends , but Venus giggled, and of course is having none of that as she sipped on a tall cold drink.
Always accessorised to the nines, Venus has a cute metallic handbag trimmed in metallic studs and raffia, a wide wrap belt in green matching raffia that knots around her waist 'just so', and gorgeously delicate green gladiator sandals that stop just short of her knee.
Hot Pink tulle gloves trimmed in matching pink raffia fringing are her final accessory!

Venus has no intention of doing anything other than lounging in the sunset this evening...
Could someone please hand her, her sunglasses?


Clone: 1000 Venus d'Royce
Skintone: COSMETIQUE

Of course she comes with the following standard accessories:
-manic_cure hands (see booklet for hand change instructions)
-booklet
-stand

PRODUCTION MAY VARY FROM PROTOTYPE SHOWN.
 In stock and ready to be delivered
Price: £269.75 (Excluding VAT at 20%)

______________________________


She will make a delightful addition to my collection of beautiful dolls.




3 comments:

  1. in All honesty I think that the last 3 sybarites are all but memorable, the outfits are thrown together randomly, Superdoll has a knack for good marketing and very creative writing, which tells a story behind each doll, but all the marketing in the world would not hide the fact that in a few years people will not remember which dolls were released between may and September of 2017...Superdoll has had some AMAZING releases, but this line is lackluster, and uninspired and pretentious in its delivery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I have to go anonymous, but I don´t use any of the other given options. I agree, that her fashion is much better than the gowns of the last two dolls and the short hair is nice. But I also agree to Dolling Boy´s opinion, that this line of dolls is not really remarkable.
    Looking at the Sybarites released for the last two years it´s obvious, that they look all the same in slight variations. The same skintone (cosmetique), the same style of facescreening, the same uninspriring and often enough cheep looking fashions. There are rare exeptions like Law (that Syb is beautiful, her fashion is unfortunately NOT), but most of the dolls are far away from the quality and the special features of former Sybarites. Even the funny, sarcastic and creative Ideas are gone and replaced by doring story-lines and humdrum accessoires.
    No wonder, the dolls won´t sell out within minutes, like they did in the past.
    I hope, that will change to better in the future. Until than, I´m afraid that the dolls are of little interest for me.
    Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Law and Forest and just 2 others and I think it's enough. I agree with your evaluation for the most part although I think that some of the separate outfits that were available were worth buying.

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.