9/09/2017

The Avant Guard Makeover

 Through the years my attitude toward having dolls repainted has changed. At first I resisted thinking that I wouldn't even buy a doll if she needed to be altered. What a difference having a doll repainted can make. I loved the changes so much that I re-bodied these gals as well.

Left:  IT outfit; Ficon sneakers; Monique Wig; Superdoll Glasses
Right: Nigel Chia suit; Patta wig; Jamieshow shoes

The doll on the left above, was originally "Lush," a sculpt also used by Androgyny and other AGs.


I had the green eye shadow changed the lips darkened. I love her now.

Fashion: Modsdoll Aurum
Fashion: Integrity Toys for FR16; Superdoll Wig

__________________

The doll with the blonde wig at the top of the page was originally either "Attention" or "On Edge." They all used the same open mouth sculpt along with my favorite, "Goldmine." 


Below is the original "Goldmine."



My "Goldmine" had yellowed and deteriorated and Vin recreated a new one for me.


The FR16 bodies can wear Kingdom Doll, many Gene and most Tonner Antoinette fashions along with the original Avantguard fashions, of course. Their wig size is generally a 4/5.  That also depends upon the wig. 

It's unfortunate that Integrity Toys ruined the line by using messed-up face-ups with exaggerated colors and weird outfits. They were beautiful sculpts. Like they've done with other dolls, the bodies could have been upgraded to a more stable design. The Tulabelle and FR16 sculpts never came close. 

Repaints by Vin Trapani.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.